Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 3: EOC Rolling Stone Magazine



To say that Jahar will be given a fair trial is a ridiculous statement to begin with. After the events of the Boston Marathon bombing it is safe to assume that after he came out and said that he did it, no one is going to look at him as an innocent man. There is a basis of understanding that could come into play but that is still irrelevant because he broke the law. The article by Rolling Stone magazine in my opinion does nothing to cover the legality of what happened and only covers Jahar and his history. History is a great thing to know, it allows us to look at moral stances and turn those moral stances into laws, but since the laws are already in place it seems like a moot point. Looking at Jahars life however I can understand why he was an unstable person. "I can see my face in my dad'spictures as a youngin, he even had a ridiculous amount of hair like me,” was a tweet that he had posted in June of 2012. With this tweet alone you can see that he is longing for something more than what he has and when people do that they tend to be a bit more irrational. Looking toward his family you could also say that the pressure weighed down on him. It is strange to think that a person who once said "I didn't become a lifeguard to just chill and get paid, Ido it for the people, saving lives brings me joy.” could do so much harm. On the other hand though Jahar went on to say "Idk why it's hard for many ofyou to accept that 9/11 was an inside job, I mean I guess fuck the facts y'allare some real #patriots #gethip.” This tells me that he is obviously upset about the bastardizing of his religious orientation and as history will tell us, when religion or politics come into play, anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment